01 Mercedes S600 rear end is down.

Asked by Jan 31, 2011 at 12:02 PM about the 2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 600

I have an 01 Mercedes S600 and the rear end of my vehicle was down this am. It eventually went back up, but now it won't come back up?

It sounds like it could be your air suspension; My 03 Mercedes S600 did the same thing. But mine went out all at once. It could be something minor though also. Like some kind of leak. Have you toke it to a shop yet?

no but i did call them .. they said its pretty much the air suspension gone. and the repair cost is around 4,500.00 to fix it.. too expensive.. im checking around..

how did you fix yours.. dealer or shop?

which time.. mine has went out twice. the first time i went with the air suspension and paid out of my ass to fix it.. then the 2nd time i really looked for my options ... i ended up doing away with the air suspension and went with a conversion kit.

whats a conversion kit?

its some kind of kit that converts it over to non air.. coil over springs.. ive had it and i love it. saved my vehicle. and my pocket haha!

wow well cant it just go out again.. though and how much money you save with that kit? where can i find me one.

no way its a lifetime warranty.. and its a one time fix to your vehicle.. and the kit was like 900 hundred something still saved me a bunch of cash in my pocket.. i bought my conversion kit from Strutmasters

OOH WOW! thats a lot cheaper.... thanks alot ill have to consider them.. :)

7,885

dont do it unless you REALLY have to or plan on keeping the car forever. think about resale value. id never buy a car some guy put some cheap replacement for the air ride in. not unless he cut the vlaue in half that is. to me that says poor maintenance and crap parts to fix everything.