Some times I have a massage that says air matic problem visit work shop but the car is

Asked by Jan 02, 2014 at 10:44 AM about the 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 430

Every time I have the massage air matic the transmission stops shifting  all I have to do is
turn the car off  and start the car again but now it is doing it many times a day  what is the
problem ? Remember the suspension is in good shape and the car is up

Most likely Mercedes' response is that this is normal as they do with every problem with the new S Class. I had problems with the Comand system on day 4 and it took one month of complaints to get the computer replaced. Initially they claimed that it was a problem with satellite reception where I live. Then the headlights started to leak water when the car was washed or when it rainedm, again it was normal for MB, I assume the designer said "let me design a headlight that leaks water, that will be a novelty". Mercedes confirmed this would not affect the functioning of the Intelligent Lighting System but I almost had an accident while driving at night the lights went off all of a sudden. MB Changed the motors that control the lights but still insist that the water leak is normal. The car is still in the garage. During the 15 days the car has been in the garage I had a car loaner for 4 days. I am demanding a writen statement from Mercedes indicating that the water leak is actually normal and that it does not affect the car functioning. While it is normal that a new model might have issues, it is the poor service and arrogant attitude displayed. This is my seventh and last Mercedes. Do not accept an excuse and keep pressuring them to fix your problems.