Does anyone know why my 1995 S320 Mercedes will not pick up speed when I accelerate, and the asr light is on.

20

Asked by Dec 21, 2012 at 06:53 PM about the 1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 320 LWB

293,425

Check your throttle linkage assembly and see if it is seizing up. Once your car warms up is it drivable then?

9,465

no that wont help....if u restart the car right away will it go away? have you checked for codes, via 38 pin connector not just obd2??? let me know what they are. not pick up speed is called lymp mode...the computer is not allowing the car to "hurt itself" so to speak... with the codes I can help determine if it is a module or simple reset.

20

Yesterday I warmed it up and it drove with no problem, I dropped it off to a mechanic for a few hours, let it warm up for about 3 minutes continued home with no problem. I stopped for about 10 minutes leaving it running, when I took off it started again.

9,465

what did the mechanic do if anything? and every time you cycle the ignition every single monitor on the vehicle resets themselves, so they is not relevant in this case :( but did the shop do anything to it?

9,465

ASR is TRACTION control, you know if it is ESP, or ESC? Am I right in guessig it will not let you exceed 25 miles an hour? Or about that??? If i remember correctly, (up all night, haven't slept yet) ESP is the one that a dealership can deactivate the electronic accelerator...so that you will not have the problem ever again...

20

No, it says ASR. If I press down I can drive about 35. Yesterday I let it warmup and it drove fine

1,695

ASR is anti-slip regulator. This car doesn't have ESP. Your problem is the EA (electronic accelerator). You have a bad contact internally. Unfortunately they're rather expensive. Try a scrap yard. It's not difficult to replace.

9,465

yes, but some models, those equipped with esp, NOT esc, the dealer can just shut off the e.a. with the computer via the 38 pin connector....:)

1,695

The EA is an electronic motor, controlled by the computer that operates the throttle plate. There is no mechanical connection to the throttle. How can the engine run above idle without a throttle?

9,465

yes, it is controlled by the computer, but it is an AUTOMATIC ACCELERATOR!!!! meaning, you will have to apply the gas with your foot for the car to move....it won't move itself when in gear....(such as idle speed) please research before contradicting me, thanks

1,695

Sometimes advise is worth what you pay for it. WE can't shut off an EA by the way, or ESP! AUTOMATIC ACCELERATOR! I'm still laughing, I mean looking into that one.

What does -443 means in the dash when i start up car??

Hold down the brake for 3 mins while ac current is on turn key off and restart...solved dec 2016