What seems to be the problem with my 2004 Chevy Venture?

Asked by May 14, 2013 at 08:13 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Venture LS Extended

The battery just stopped. I had it boost, it started but stop again after a few minutes of
driving and got rebooted just to make it to my house driveway. Everything goes dead, also
screeching noise comes and goes, heat barely working unless i turn on the fan. power
window passenger side doesnt work, the cd wont work suddenly too. GEEZE! someone
help me get my family van working again>

27,865

alternator not charging the battery? that would be the first thing I looked at if the battery keeps going dead. screeching noise? maybe the belt is slipping not turning the alternator.

whooof, to many recalls and technical service bulletins to list....we can look this document over and see if it describes the problem>>> http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/11/0411bhgn.html

there is a bulletin that describes the problem, but need a source that won't shake you down~

08-06-01-008A JUL 09 Engine - Drive Belt Misalignment Diagnostics, think this is the zinger~take it to the dealer with this information and maybe it will stop you from suing him~

replace the belt, replace the belt tensioner, check the operation of the alternator, check how old the battery and buy a new one cause the old one is toast, by now----that is my considered opinion, O13-jrb-bn

the reason the CD won't work is because there is bad power...reduced voltage or the black cable as it fastens to the chassis ground needs to be wirebrushed clean....hazard to guess this battery is more than 3 years old and would fail a load test (dead-short for three seconds) then try to start the car and measure how long it takes for the test battery to charge up....it takes a healthy, new battery to survive this test~

27,865

sounds striking similar to what I suggested hmm.

here, have the points, they mean literally nothing to me~

27,865

You have been at 18k and gave it all up! but the question is why?

26,125

You EARNED the 18k points @ Operator 13 aka Judge_Roy....I say, go back to your old name and not be overly concerned with reputation points. You HAVE helped people AND have a LOT of good knowledge to share! BE THE GURU!!

get back to work you two!

will work up to my previous numbers...wait and see~.....ummm, like who cares? get back to work you crazy guys~

I'm still here Racer_X have had the same 26 cars in my garage (used to) know a few things and am willing to share (to anyone who understands an olde tyme buggy) got a website where we can see "the demon on wheels"?

26,125

Well, I AM glad you're still here @ operator 13...because to be totally honest with you...you REALLY do have a vast amount of in-depth automotive knowledge and expertise to share....I can't even come close to folks like you, kbro, tenspeed, DavidH, or Tom. I wish I had a real life Mach 5 or Racer X's Shooting Star (like the one in my profile pic)..For now, I have a really nice Mazda MX-5 until I get the urge to get another Z or something faster :)

30

Just went thru this! Its the alternator and Belt.

30

You will still what to do the battery test as it may have been destroyed. My Battery was new just like the two befor that.