Starting problem

Asked by Jun 10, 2015 at 01:58 AM about the 1996 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 320

Dear Sir,
My car is not starting after a long vacation. When I start my car it is cranking but not starting there is a warning light blinking or rear view mirror simultaneously.
Pleas advice me how to solve it out
Thanks

80

What is the warning light? Try jumping the battery because if it has a bad cell the only thing that may have been keeping it alive was when the alternator was charging it when u were driving it daily. It could have a partial charge and thats why its cranking but does not have enough juice to start ( 65% or more) after jumping it drive around ( i know this part sucks but u have to get the jump charge worked out of it for a test to be accurate. The jump puts a false charge that can be read.) for about an hour then take it to any auto parts store to have it tested on the car. Have them test the alternator and started if the battery passes.

42,195

Charge the battery and have it tested. I would be very careful about jump starting a Mercedes.

I fix new batter but still it is same not starting same issue that interior rear view mirror red & green light blinking when ignition

42,195

I wonder if the light flashing has something to do with the anti-theft system? Do you have a spare key you can try? It is possible something is wrong with the anti-theft system or the ignition key.

42,195

Do you have an owners manual? I think when you replaced the battery there is a special procedure to follow to prevent the car from thinking it is being stolen. I believe your car may think it is being stolen. There may be helpful information in the owners manual to help you resolve this. You also could contact your local Mercedes dealership repair shop for assistance.

20

Your immobiliser is the problem