Chevy venture no crank no start. Has power

Asked by Aug 21, 2014 at 04:15 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus

Had a new battery installed, started at oreileys auto parts and drove home, later I could
not get it started. Gauges light up but does not crank. Checked battery and grounds, all
good. What else can cause this problem?

13,575

Does your alternator work? Was it connected correctly? Check the ground and or all the wires to the battery to make sure they are clean and properly connected. If the battery didn't work the very next day, did you take it back to see if it was defective? Some batteries are stored with a charge in them but without recharging, will lose the charge the longer they sit on the shelf. Did you drive around in the car after putting it in so the alternator could charge it? Is the starter good? Connection to the starter? Do you hear the solenoid click when you attempt to start the car? If not, the starter may be the issue or a connection if the battery is fully charged and working. Have the battery checked, make sure ALL the connections are clean and the alternator is charging.

batt tested ok

the solenoid did not click altinator was charging new batt fully charged conections ok

13,575

If you charging system is working and the battery is charged, yet you do not hear the solenoid click, it may be a bad solid on the starter or a bat starter switch. There is a relay leading to the solenoid also that should be tested.