1994 e320 will not crank over

40

Asked by Feb 09, 2012 at 04:39 PM about the 1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 320

Hello my e320 will not crank over, the problem started when i was driving down the road and a buzzing sound started i pulled into a parking lot turned off engine out of concern, lifted hood to inspect nothing out of order, i turned key on and traced the buzzing to a multi-relay i replaced it and tried to start the engine and there was nothing. i checked all the fuses and connections, the battery is new so i disconnect the neutral safety switch still nothing, i even tried to reset the bugler alarm system at the door lock, no change still will not crank can anyone give any ideas i am fresh out thank-you

2,745

Have you checked the Overload relay, this is usually situated close to the battery. It has a clear plastic cover on the top of it within which lies a standard blade fuse, check that this is O.k before you try anything else.

40

I checked the overload fuse it is good can the overload fail without blowing the fuse?

2,745

O.k, how I would persue the problem is: 1. Check with a test light that you are getting power to the starter from the ignition switch, when held in the crank position. If not check that there is power at the ignition switch as these can be troublsome. 2. With a volt meter, check that you are getting 12 volts from the battery lead to the starter motor, poor or loose contacts can cause issues. 3. If there is power down both leads on cranking i would suspect that the starter motor is at fault. This particular model is prone to starter motor problems, usually it it is recommended that the starter is lubed regularily as they are prone to the elements. The relays very rarely give problems, if any thing you could chck the contact pins for signs of corrosion or arcing. It is more likely to be a connection fault, if none of the above.

40

HELLO MY NAME IS ORLANDO, I HAVE QUESTION WHERE IS THE CRANKSHALF CENSOR 94 MERCEDES E320 , I REPLACE EVERY THING EXCEPT THE CRANKSHAFT CENSOR WOULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME , I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR RESPOND.

I just installed a new ignition switch on a e320 1994 . I can turn the key, it goes in gear, I hear buzzing but it won't turn over. Do I need a code?? Someone please help