TAPPING SOUND FROM UNDER DASHBOARD

Asked by Oct 30, 2013 at 01:19 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD

SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AFTER FILLING UP ON GAS. REMOVED GAS CAP AND REPLACED WITH NEW ONE. LIGHT CAME BACK ON SO DISCONNECTED BATTERY HOPING IT WOULD RESET. NOW HAVE A TAPPING SOUND FROM UNDER DASH THAT GOES AWAY AFTER FEW MINUTES AND SERVICE LIGHT IS BACK ON. HELP!!

try "reset the codes" from your cheap code reader~

....the problem here is you did NOT STOP at the FIRST CLICK...as you fill to the cap...the charcoal canister (responsible for capturing fumes) gets flooded and the system "cannot breathe" and tosses up a light crying "uncle"....so if you want the light to not be illuminated.....when you fill up....stop at the FIRST CLICK please~

it will "reset" itself when you burn down a half-tank or so~ no panic...you just flooded the evaporative system.....temptation to fill to the nearest dollar should not be so high....control yourself....the first click is the way to stop...okay maybe the second, but you cannot snuffle with the gas...the car will yell at you with a check engine light...thankfully will not shut down systems because of this~

This has happened before, without having a full tank and the light would go on after driving for awhile. After taking off cap and putting it back on it went off on its own after a few days. This time doing that didn't help so I replaced it with a new cap. My real concern now is the tapping clicking sound coming from inside under dashboard that happened after the battery was disconnected trying to solve the first problem. Thanks for any other help.