i changed battery on 1999 mercedes C280 ,,,now power windows,,,all four,,only inch up quarter inch at a time going up...any suggestions?

10

Asked by Apr 05, 2014 at 09:23 AM about the 1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 280 Sedan

changed battery  on 1999 Mercedes C280,,,now all four power windows have difficulty going up,,,only move up quarter inch at a time,,,any suggestions?

23,595

Here is a comprehensive list of all items that need (or may need) to be synchronized after loss of power (i.e., battery disconnect): Synchronizing Head Restraints: If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty), the head restraints are no longer adjusted automatically. To resynchronize the adjustment feature, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move the seat completely forward and the head restraint fully down, and hold respective buttons for approximately two seconds. Synchronizing power windows: If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or low), the windows cannot be opened or closed by the Express feature. To resynchronize the express feature, press side of power window switch to resistance point until the window is completely closed and hold for additional 2 seconds. Repeat procedure for each window. The automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restored. Synchronizing sliding/pop-up roof: If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or low), or if the sliding/pop-up roof is blocked during closing/opening procedure, the system has to be synchronized. To do so, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move and hold switch in direction (3), until the sliding/pop-up roof is completely raised at rear, and hold for additional 1 second. Synchronizing ESP: If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty), the BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp may be illuminated with the engine running. Turn steering wheel completely to the left and then to the right. The BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp should go out. Synchronizing remote control: The remote control may have to be resynchronized, if the vehicle cannot be locked or unlocked. To synchronize insert electronic key in steering lock. The remote control should once again be operational.

130

Try starting the car then put the power windows up ,or check on the right battery to buy for the Mercedes get a inter state battery and the right Group.

10

Success,,,it seems that pushing the button sideways activated full operation,,,thank you all for help...

10

I would also add this item to your excellent list: Reset Radio: As a security measure the Radio will stop working if disconnected from power. The radio display will ask you for a code. If you do not know the code, you will have to get it from the dealer. Once you know it, write it down somewhere for future use.

10

Hey IV changed my battery in c180 1998 merc now nothing is working key won't turn so I can't start it or do anything also key remote is not unlocking or locking the car but has new battery