(1990 560sel) Starting Issue (Please Read)

Asked by May 11, 2011 at 05:08 PM about the 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 4 Dr 560SEL Sedan

While I'm jumping my car off it starts while still connected to jumper cables and running car its connected to. I disconnect the jumper cables while my 1990 560sel is still running. It stays running and I can drive around. But once I shut it off it goes dead. It slowly became harder and hared to start over time. Everything works fine that I can tell. What do you guys think? (Going on a trip and need it working proper.)

275

If the battery is pretty new you may have a parasitic draw. You would have to let the vehicle go to sleep and check for a current draw above 50mA or so.