Merceds benz 230E, why are plugs covered in fuel

20

Asked by May 31, 2013 at 01:29 PM about the 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 2 Dr 300CE Coupe

Car struggled to start, seems to be flooded. I took the plugs out and they were covered with fuel.I replaced the plugs and the car started.

When i stop i smell fuel,as if the fuel has not stopped flowing into the engine.

When was the last time you changed your air filter? somethin' is chokin' here and forcing the gas in---think yours is a non-jetronic, fully integrated electronic fuel system...the injectors can leak but need an electric pulse to release~...still thinking an imbalance here...have you had your diagnostic information identified?~

20

I've recnetly had wires on the temp switch worked on. When I fetched the car it only started after turning the over a number of times. The car had flooded. When I tookd the plugs they wet and stinking of fuel. My question is there a fuel stop electrical switch that stops thw petrol flow once I switch the ingition key off? Its only after working on the wiring up front. Is ther an elexcrical / sitch that cut the Onc I turn the key off? Please advise, Deon Johannes.

I advise please extract the codes stored in your onboard diagnostics~ that'd help~

okay...a fuel relay...we might be able to find one of those...

20

How do I do that? Can you explain how I can do that?

here's one, probably in your relay box...inspect~

what? under your dash is a connector with a rubber bung what says "diagnostic" or some such thing...take it to NAPA or Pep boys or ? they will send manny joe or jack out with a code reader who will tell you the various faults...now granted there IS a cryptic way to extract these codes probably by turning the key to on and counting the number of flashes and referring to the chart...but may as well have it hooked up by the pros~