starting problem

25

Asked by May 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM about the 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 2 Dr 300CE Coupe

when i start my car in the morrning everything is fine and is to fast to start from the first start,but when the engine get hot during the day i start it and shutdown about 2 or 3 time to get start with pressing gas until the engine run normal and everything will be fine when im driving no problem at all.

if you can get your diagnostic codes, these would help a bit...but would hazard to guess that it is an ambient temperature sensor which determines how rich to make the mix based on the outside temperature...and the coolant temperature as well...you may as well get a new one of those....so NO trouble codes, replace both functional temperature sensors, and I believe the computer will be nicer to you~

105

When was last time the fuel filter was changed? Check fuel pump....

make sure that you don't have bad or rotten vaccum hoses, when cold they will be stiffer and leak more, as they warm up with engine temp, they will start to close off and this will let engine idle back down.

good point, Tom...costs a little more, but BMW uses nothing but silicone hoses...we used to steal and swap them with butyl back at the shop..oooo naughty~

Mercedes probably already has silicone hoses~

10

I've had that problem it's a faulty Rotor button in the distributor .

25

can I have a picture of the part I should change.