Hi recently purchased a 1990 sel mercedes- benz and I was wanting to know what type of oil do I need to use for it? And also what type of gas should I use for it? regular or diesel.

Asked by Jul 03, 2015 at 10:23 PM about the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 4 Dr 300SEL Sedan

Mobile one oil, is best for mercedes,and if you have not added gas to this car dont,this model does come in diesel and regular fuel,and i have no way of telling you which one it is,and you will damage engine with wrong fuel,before you add gas to car find a good mechanic to tell you it is deisel or regular fuel,dont damage the engine.

Fuel type should be marked inside the fuel door and also on the fuel gauge. I also agree Mobil 1 is what I used in my Mercedes.

You can't tell the difference between a gasoline and diesel engine? You haven't looked at the operating manual? Buy a bicycle.