fuel filler door won't open.

Asked by Sep 25, 2007 at 01:06 PM about the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 4 Dr 300SE Sedan

Can not open fuel filler door. How can I override lock?

13,575

Hi th725b, This could be a 2 person job. Have someone hold the fuel filler release lever/button to the point that it should open - and hold it there. Now, using a credit card or plastic spatula (so you don't scratch the paint) push it between the fuel filler door and the body panel. Gently, pry it open and adjust the spring mechanism that should be allowing the fuel filler to open properly. Hope this helps!

240

The fuel door is vacuumcontolled,element likes to leak.Pull back plastic cover on passenger side of trunk,is a emergency unlock on element-small red handle you pull back toward rear of car

1,435

The tab for the gas flap is located on the left side center. If using the credit card method - that's where you push in; The emergency unlock is obviously the preferred method if you can get into the trunk ( also vacuum operated lock ).