I ran my 1990 mercedes 300e out of gas and now it wont start.i primed it several times and put in a half a tank of gas.what would be the first 3 steps to take that I can try at home.not alot of moneyi

Asked by May 12, 2014 at 07:04 AM about the 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 4 Dr 300E Sedan

I have some experience working on cars
...the easy stuff .changing the oil and
brakes and spark plugs but not alot after
that.i have alot of tools and am willing to try
to fix it myself.if thats possible

30

Try the gas pump in the gas tank

195

Check and see if that model has a fuel cutoff switch It'll b a red button either in the trunk or possibly under the dash on passenger side

Best Answer Mark helpful
275,225

Can you hear the fuel pump activate when you turn the key? If not, my bet is you burned it out.

I tried to listen for it bur the dang buzzer is so loud im not sure if I can hear it.how ling would it stay on for?

195

It may take u and another person.. one to turn the key and one to listen for the pump humming