Has anyone experienced this power window situation?

40

Asked by Nov 03, 2012 at 11:50 AM about the 2007 Honda Accord LX

I parked my 2006 Honda Accord, windows up, doors locked, etc. After about an hour, as I was returning to the car --- before I even unlocked the door --- I noticed that all four windows were open and all the gaps were the same size, about 3 inches.

Any ideas on how this could have happened?

35

you have a key that will open your windows. I believe what you do (Ive only done it once) is click once to unlock chick again and hold and the windows will go down. It may be that you are clicking and holding just a little bit so the windows only go down just a little :)

40

thanks for your response, but somehow it doesn't seem to address my situation. the icons on the buttons i have on my accord's key are lock, unlock (for the doors) and the (unlock) trunk button. please note that --- and i apologize if i didn't describe the situation clearly enough --- i arrived at my car and immediately noticed the windows were open before i even touched the car keys.

35

Ok.. hmmm... maybe it happened when you locked the car.. ? Try playing with your keys buttons and see if you didnt accidentally do it when you locked the car. Maybe its possible you bumped the keys or a child did. ??

40

wish it were so. this situation started me asking because a similar event happened to my neighbor's lexus in our building's basement garage. she can't figure out how it happened either. if i was sure they wouldn't charge me for consultation, i'd just as soon take it to the dealer or to a mechanic...but, we know how that works. :-)

1,965

It could be that another key remote could have the same remote channel.If you live in a building with a large garage. You may need to go to the dealer to see if the channel can be changed,similar to a garage door opener. The wife's 2003 has that function.Hold down the unlock and all four windows will go down.

40

ok! will try to hold down the unlock button to see how the windows respond. tnx.

40

thank you integrityblue and trebor66 for your responses, you guys have solved the puzzle. it's greatly appreciated. although i don't recall depressing the (unlock) door button on my car's remote, because it was in my pocket at the time, i was indeed able to reconstruct the situation with the windows by holding down the unlock button longer than usual.

1,230

The same thing happened to my 07 Honda accord. I got into a garage one morning and found all the windows down at same level. Till today, I never knew how that happened. Now my issue is that all my windows will not operate except the driver window. And this is not due to child lock being activated. Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

20

The same thing happened to my wife. We have a 2013 accord with a keyless FOB. With the FOB still in her purse she found all the windows half-way down and the sunroof open a few inches when she went into the garage (good thing we had it parked inside). We don't have any idea how this could have happened.

Just reinacted this scenario in my 2016 honda civic. I came out of work tonight to find my Windows part way down. Freaked me out. Responses here have helped. I must have accidentally hit the unlock button on the remote twice for too long when leaving the car. This is definitely a safety concern.

This just happened to my daughters 2004 Honda Accord,only thing is , can't get windows back up?any suggestions

1,965

This might help. The remote start and key-less entry all work off of radio signals, like your remote to a 2nd dish connected TV. With all the signals in the air a stray signal could be triggering the on-board computer to run the motors for the windows and sun roof. As for the windows not going back up, the switch in the drivers side control may not be making connection when depressed. The wife's 2003 Accord drivers window won't go back up sometimes until the engine RPM's are increased raising the amperage out-put from the alternator. If all the windows are down and won't go up I would start at the drivers door controls. Make sure you are getting power through the switch.