My 04 Malibu recently started making a vibrating sound when Im on an up hill or downhill slope and it only does it in drive and can only here it inside car not outside any thoughts?

Asked by Jan 13, 2016 at 09:47 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Classic 4 Dr STD Sedan

58,395

This could be a bad tire, or out of balance,or your cv axels ,

315

Motor mount

If it was motor mount wouldn't engine hit top of hood?

Bad tire could be it I've had bad wheel bearing for bout 2 months

58,395

If it is a motor mount you would get a good bump once you put it in gear,im thinking bad tire.

Yeah never hear bump noise but only makes vibrating sound when I'm sitting still at stop light

315

if it vibrates while in idling drive or reverse it still could be mounts. maybe even sub frame mounts. check for cracks.broken rotten rubber. on mounts. when they get really bad yes they will move more and start bumping into stuff.

I found worm rubber on frame mount by fan belt but just rubber is bad should I replace whole thing jw on tight budget