does anyone know why my car wont start

Asked by Sep 20, 2015 at 07:38 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS

the car has spark, fuel pressure is good, the only way the car starts for seconds is when I spray gas into the throttle body

83,295

Check for injector power, if none is there look for a blown injection fuse, if you have power the check for injector pulse from ECM, if no pulse then ECM is bad, if you have pulse then there is either a blockage in the fuel rail or the injectors are open or shorted out.

I have power. I used a 9 volt battery to open the injectors to relieve the fuel pressure. I then put it back together but the injectors won't fire or open.

83,295

So you have battery power on one wire on the injector plug, then get a test light and hook one end to a power supply and the other to the wire that doesn't have any power, crank the engine, the test light should flash, if it don't then chances are the injector driver is shot in the ECM, but if you want to you can unplug the ECM and run a continuity test from the injector plugs to the ECM plug just to verify that you don't have a broken set of wiring.

Thank you i will try this tomorrow after work.

When would i fine the emc on my car

83,295

The ECM is under the wheel well. you have to take the wheel well covers off from the underside,(plastic inner) of the passenger side and the ECM should be right there.