2004 chevy cavalier clicking from transmission left side when cornering right..tranction dog slipping ?

Asked by Jun 18, 2013 at 06:30 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS

975

the clicking is coming from the transmission?? are you sure it's not the lower control arm or a barring starting to go?

35,255

CV axle, not the trans, get under the car and look at the rubber boot around the shaft going to the center of the wheel, they usually rip and throw grease all over under the vehicle.

the boots are good,it only does it when cornering sharp (right) over 20 mph.and is not a constant sound,almost like a gear grinding trying to engage and stops and then again.i say transmission because the axles are so short the trany is right in front of the gas pedal and so is the noise.

975

well... the boots may still be in good shape, but is there grease in them?? If you have a grease gun I'd hook it up to the grease fittings and fill em up... I guess i could be a trany issue..... it just sounds strange to me. almost or of a lower control arm or ball joint or something... I'll try to do more research and see what i can dig up.

35,255

First you said click, now you say grind, grind would be a wheel bearing as the rev stated earlier. It only does it at higher speeds while cornering right because all the weight is transferring to the bearing while turning right. Do you have abs?

35,255

Do you by any chance have the plastic hub caps, or are the rims the aluminium ones?

it just passed safety inspection so im sure its not the bearing,and I say grinding which sounds like metal clicking like when you try to shift a manual trany into reverse when the car is still rolling forward and the gears make that noise until they engage....that's exactly wat it sounds like,im having it checked out next week and ill post wat the prob.was.thanks for everyones brainstorming.

975

yes... please do. I'm really curious to find out what the issue was. Good luck.

35,255

Plastic hub caps? I noticed I may have came off as sort of a dick in those posts, I apologize, I have a lot of things going on right now.