hello everybody.. got a good one.. i have a 2004 cavalier with some lighting problems...lost my parking lights and my headlight driver side has both high and low filament burning butt at a real low dim.. any suggestions?

10

Asked by Jun 16, 2014 at 02:13 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

10

oh yeah replaced multi function switch,bulbs fuses and ground on fender

3,685

It's a cavalier, just burn the car. Lol, just kidding. You may have a short in the wiring. That would be my best educated answer.

3,685

check the ground on the fender and make sure it's a good connection.

10

no ground on fender.. there is one one the battery box which i checked.. now according to all wire diagrams there should be pink wire hot for high beams.. blue for low and black for ground.. both lights... well right side uses a orng for ground and left side uses a blue.. center wire on plug.. went to junk yard to check on a few things and all cavaliers i look at are the same... can't find where these wires change if they do from the multifunction switch... and i hooked a jumper wire to the park lights and they work.. but when i check for power to the marker lights the fuse side of things has no power unless key is on to which still nothing to and from mfs...been using code scan tool.. no codes from bcm to ecm!?! checked all connection packs... just not getting it.. am i missing something? drl relay new.. porcelain resister new... minus rewiring this thing.. is there something els thats not in diagram?? has n e body els had this problem? thanks in advance.

3,685

Check to make sure the correct amp fuses are in. I believe headlights are a 15 amp fuse for the cavalier.