my 2004 chevy cavalier wont start i replaced the starter alternator fuel pump fuel filter spark plugs battery fuel regulator all i get is a clicking noise for a while then nothing someone told me i might need a new engine

35

Asked by Jul 12, 2012 at 05:57 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

2,945

just because i clicks when u start it it doesnt mean u need those parts if it clicks and engine doesnt turn something is wrong with starting system or engine first spin the engine by hand two or three revolutions to make sure engine is not seized (highly unlikely) unless neglected or chain slipped or popped if free to turn by hand then ur looking at the starting system if it doesnt spin without forcing it pull belt off and try again does it spin ? if engine spins freely the first time than check power to might be losing power through the starter relay or something let me know if that helps

35

ok so do u want me 2 check timing belt

2,945

its a chain and no dont just rip into it just spin the engine by hand get a ratchet and socket on the crank pulley and try to turn it does it spin yes or no

2,945

dont over work yourself if u dont have to

35

no it doesnt spin

2,945

pull off belt and try again to see if it actually one of the accessories and is it a manual or auto?

35

its an auto what accessories r u talking about

2,945

ac compressor on those are just ac and alternator ran by belt you can try to spin in both directions if it moves alittle the engine jumped time or popped chain

35

ok will try thanks & i will get back 2 u on this