Blazer Repair

Asked by Jun 27, 2014 at 06:55 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

My mechanic is putting in a THIRD Fuel Pump into my 2004 Blazer in as many weeks.
I took it to him because it started to occasionally (Not every time) stall while idling at a light, and it would take a couple tries (between 1-5) to start the car.After the First Fuel Pump repair, all seemed good, but then it stalled again.
I took it back. Pump #2.
Then, I had the same issue again of not starting right away and another stall at a signal light. Not happy. Took it back. He said it was the throttle that needed cleaned out. He did that. I drove happily away. Then, SAME THING AGAIN,
Stalled and took a couple tries to crank over. Okay. I took it back.
THEN he said it was injector wiring or something, let it run basically all day to see if it'd stall, called me twice to say pick it up all is well. I get to the shop, and my car wouldn't start at all. He said they started it about 10 times that day, and looked mystified. That was yesterday.
Today, He informed us he's putting in a THIRD FUEL PUMP
I am frustrated as I really need my car back and working.
Anyone else have insight on this?

15,335

Is it getting fuel? Any leaks in any lines that changes the air fuel mixture? Have the filters in the gas line all been changed and checked for "junk" in the filters? He can run a fuel presser test to make sure your getting enough gas pumped to the rail body. When you get it back again, I'd suggest finding another mechanic. Get the receipt for the fuel pump so if you need to exchange it, it should be covered by a guarantee. Make sure you get a GOOD pump not a knock off from Mexico or China. Is there a fuel reserve in the EFI system that holds fuel for starting? Is it working correctly or do you have to crank and crank to get fuel up to the injectors?

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you I will run your reply by my husband. I appreciate your input greatly!

Install two fuel pump , the problem was wires would touch and ground out .check your wiring at fuel pump area ,