Where are the spark plugs located for a 2004 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4

Asked by Feb 11, 2013 at 04:00 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

This may be a silly question, but everybody is telling me one of three answers.

1) They can be found through the tire well. This is not the case, they are not there.

2) They can be found on either side of the engine more down towards the bottom towards the back. This is not the case either, no spark plugs there.

3) They are under the vortec 4200 resonator box, which is amusing because nothing under the hood anywhere says that on it like I have been told.

I have looked all about and I know it's going to be something silly I've somehow over looked but I am seeing nothing that screams "Spark Plug" to me, be it a wire, a connector, a boot, nothing. And it's a tad bit annoying.

Just found out that no, it's not number 3. That's my air filter. And there is nothing under my air filter. What it is somewhat number 2. I went to an auto shop today and one of the clerks came out and we spent a good 20minutes hunting until we found my spark plugs. They are not able to be gotten to through the tire well, or under any Vortec anything. What I have to do is take off the entire air filter system on one side and climb up onto the engine and go down with a U-joint attachment an then on the other side I got to disconnect the Air Condition modulers to get to those on that side. All in all the auto shop attendant goes "Man, you sure are (bleeped)". In which I have to agree, because this is the most annoying set up of spark plug situation that I have ever seen.

355

Close the hood and have somebody do it for youl

18,765

the blazer doesnt come with the 4200. The TRAILblazer does. The trailblazer's 4200 has the plugs on top under the intake plenum, with the coils on top of the plugs. The 4.3 in a blazer is a v6 with 3 plugs on each side.

I deleted what I posted yesterday I was a bit harsh on Tibe, but that's what I said Andrew, among other rather rude things that if you have to ask where they are, you well, what Bruce said. I just didn't have to be so mean in my answer

On top of the motor then you will see six electrical connections. These are the coil packs and are held in place by long skinny bolts. Remove them one at a time and pull it up and out of the way. The spark plugs are in the well you will not find spark plug wires

Chevrolet Blazer 1995–2005 GM GMT330 platform, Engine 4.3 L (262 cu in) Vortec 4300 V6 See the wires coming basically out of the side of the engine block, those are plug wires.

I know you can't see them, the picture to small, so I forgot to include step two, click on the picture and good luck, oh, just follow the wires, three on each side and un-do them ONE at a time, so you can remember where they go, really it's important.!!!

They are on both sides of the of the engine. To access them or change them you need to remove the front wheels first and then use the appropriate spark plug spanner. I hope it helps.