2004 Chevrolet Blazer electrical issue while running.

5

Asked by Jul 14, 2015 at 10:18 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2-Door 4WD

Lately I have been having electrical issues while driving. The issue is that while driving
down the road the volt meter will drop below the 14 volt mark and further when I turn on the
AC. When I apply the breaks and put it into reverse it will drop even further when I go to
back into my driveway, by this time it will have dropped down almost around the 9 volt
mark.

I have replaced my neutral safety/backup light switch, battery, and alternator. The issue
was there before I replaced the items. The neutral safety/backup light switch was replaced
because the locking mechanism to shift would not work sometimes, and my backup lights
would not come on unless I put it in park first. The battery and alternator were replaced
about 6 months ago because they were both bad.

I have worked on many vehicles but with this issue I have no clue where to start. I would
greatly appreciate any recommendations. Thank you in advance.

73,965

Two issue,s will cause this beside,s bad wiring,There is and issue with the ignition switch,or your ECM is bad,all so check your body to frame ground.

5

Update with this one. I recently started getting the P0449 (Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit) check engine light code and twice I have received a crank position sensor fault. Other than that I went back and checked my battery and alternator, My battery needed charged, it was at 50% charge, and my alternator's bearings were bad. So I still have the issue but dwindled it down, there is the normal draw with the AC ,but it only really drops as soon as I go and put it in reverse.