2005 Chevy Trailblazer, when I was driving it ran fine but when I stopped my oil meter went down to 0 and my car stopped running, then I turned it off and turned it back on and ran fine? What's wrong?

Asked by Jul 01, 2015 at 11:43 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT

10,375

Oil pressure sensor? Did the Oil light come on? Has it happened more than once? Helpful link: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/troubleshooting-a-faulty-oil-pressure-sensor

I think the light came on, the car turned off but the a/c and radio was still playing, then I turned it off and on, it was driving again but when I was driving, the more I sped up the oil meter was going up too slowly and when I slowed down the oil meter gradually went down also

10,375

It is normal for the oil pressure to fluctuate and increase and decrease with the engines RPM. I think you may have just experienced an engine stall. There may be other underlying issues that contributed to the engine stalling which would obviously drop the oil pressure to zero. Bad gas, misfire, etc could be culprits of an engine stall. Is the check engine light consistently on? If you are driving and the oil pressure gauge drops to zero, you have a problem. Could be a gauge or pressure sensor failure and rarely an oil pump failure.