Strange Noise at first acceleration

20

Asked by May 19, 2011 at 11:36 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT

My 2005 LT sounds like a tractor trailer truck when I first take off even if I let the car sit and warm up for a bit.

I don't know how to explain it properly, but some tractor trailers sound like they are at a very high rev when changing gears and this is what my Trailblazer sounds like now.  Once I get going it goes away.

20

Sorry, I meant to ask if anyone had suggestions on what it could be.

1,705

Hmmm so your saying that its idling high while sitting and when start driving it goes away? If thats the case its prob just a vacuum leak somewhere. Check all the rubber hoses for cracks/ damage.

20

Did you figure this out? I have a 2002 Blazer with almost 54,000 miles and for the past 2 months have had the same issue. It's only in first and sometimes 2nd gear. Once it shifts into 3rd it's quiet again. It's almost always when I get in to drive after its been sitting for a few hours or more. And sometimes it makes the sound after I've been on the road for an hour or more as I stop and accelerate again. Mechanic has had it for 2 days (tomorrow will be 3) and I'm getting frustrated.

1,655

fan clutch is going bad

I agree with Kevin. Our 2003 trailblazer apparently had a bad fan clutch, it desenigrated and too out the hood liner, punctured the washer fluid tank, the belt, water pump and the shroud. Poked holes in the hood to. after 1600 $ at a good local repair shop, the noise is no longer there. By the way, the clutch was about 400$. and it going bad, took out the thermostat a month later. ( which is why I am on this site today, looking for installation help.) I would urge you to replace the fan clutch ASAP. Its electric by the way. Good luck!

20

It's the air conditioner compressor clutch I had the same problem with my 2003 Blazer you need to replace the air conditioner

10

I had a 06 trailblazer same problem the solution for me was cleaning the throttle body

20

I HAVE A 2004 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER AND IT IS MAKING A NOISE ON THEGRILL WHAT CAN CAUSE THAT

I have the same problem with my 2004 Trailblazer. I have replaced the fan clutch and the air conditioner does not work. Guess I will clean the Throttle body. I was concerned it was the transmission because it only makes the roaring sound when moving and then only in 1st gear and sometimes 2nd.