white smoke out exhaust

Asked by Oct 09, 2010 at 05:59 PM about the 1994 Toyota Tercel 2 Dr STD Coupe

Ok, my tercel (lovingly dubbed 'turtle') is now blowing smoke out of its exhaust. It smells like burning antifreeze so my first guess was blown gasket... now it's not the head gasket, because my oil doesn't have that milky color that is all too common with a blown head gasket... I'm thinking perhaps the exhaust manifold gasket? or perhaps the manifold itself? my first guess would be the state of the exhaust manifold... rust rust everywhere.. I've already put so much work into this car that I'm ready to call it quits... new alt, new starter, new batt, new water pump, new thermostat, replaced radiator.... all within 3 weeks.... anybody in the STL area want a '94 tercel? $600 and it's yours...

55

im not to fomiler with the 94 module but just because theres no water in the oil doent mean that the head gaskit isnt bad, in some cases the water ports near the cylinder will burst and leak in to the cylinder cosing you to burn water, do be sure of this pull the spark plugs. in the cylinder with the leak the spark plug will be cleaner then the rest. also the headgaskit sounds more like your problem because you incresed the water presure in the engine when you replaced the water pump and the radator. if you need anymore help please ask.

STILL BLOWN HEAD GASKET,IS BLOWN ON EXHOUST SIDE OF GASKET,WILL NOT LET COLLENT IN THE OIL,JUST BLOWES IT OUT THE TAILPIPE,the white smoke you seeing is the collent getting hot from exhoust heat.