what cars are similar to the 1993-1998 toyota supra

2,525

Asked by Jan 12, 2013 at 11:33 PM about the 1997 Toyota Supra 2 Dr Turbo Hatchback

102,745

Similar in what way? Other makes and models?

Really....like tenspeed said, we can answer that if we know what you mean...horsepower? handling? styling?

2,525

in all specs like handling , horsepower, styling, and so on

115

Only 3 cars are really similar, the 2nd Gen Nissan 300ZX twin turbo, the Nissan Skyline and the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4. These cars are close in size, weight and performance. The Skyline was never sold in the United States, for emissions reasons, but in other markets, it was a competitor to the Supra turbo during the same production period. The 300ZX twin turbo was sold in the US and is close as far as weight, performance and handling, although it has a V6 engine. The Supra came with a 3.0 liter inline 6 cyl, twin cam, n/a or twin turbo engine. The twin turbo was rated at 320hp stock. The Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and the Nissan Skyline both were all wheel drive, turbo cars, while the Supra and 300ZX were both rear wheel drive only. Both the Mitsubishi 3000GT and the Nissan Skyline did come in an n/a rear wheel drive version as well. I didn't include the Mazda RX-7 in this comparison because it is powered by an entirely different rotary engine, and when turbo charged made decent power, the overall weight, design and drive-train is entirely different than the other cars. I also didn't include domestic cars, because during the time the Supra was built in Japan 1993-2002, nothing made by Chevrolet, Pontiac, Ford or Chrysler could be compared to the Supra in performance or power potential, with the exception of a Chevrolet Corvette, and that car cost quite a bit more money than everything I previously mentioned, although not "too" much more than a fully loaded Supra twin turbo. I also didn't include the Mustang Cobra or Camaro Z28 because the weight and engine/drivetrain aren't similar at all, but the performance numbers are pretty close. I hope this helps answer your question.

485

With no hesitation both available with turbo setup as well: 1990- 1999 Nissan 300 ZX 1990-1998 Dodge Stealth / Mitsubishi 3000GT

115

Oops, thanks Francis. I forgot about the Dodge Stealth, but since it's pretty much the same car as the Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR-4 (in turbo model) or the 3000 GT SL (in n/a) I didn't include it.

Honestly I think a car similar would probably be the Mitsubishi FTO

I saw some sort of Chrysler that had a wing that looked like a Supra, you could definitely take that crappy Chrysler logo off and put a Toyota one on it. It may trick some people into thinking it is a Supra as it did me.

85,675

The Mazda RX-7 turbo was one hot little car.