has anyone fitted the rubber coupling disc that bolts in between the tailshaft and diff of a jza80 na supra? does it need to be heated to fit all 6 bolts in

Asked by Dec 08, 2013 at 10:56 PM about the 1993 Toyota Supra 2 Dr STD Hatchback

i have the tailshaft in and ready to bolt up, but the rubber disc needs to be stretched so all the bolts can fit in. has anyone done this before

heat=expansion....no you must disassemble the mounts to give clearance~

do not recall EVER having a rubber piece back there...then again my specialty is 93-96 vehicles~ do not heat....bad idea~ simply with a keen bit of disassembly...it can be reassembled properly~

this is a flange with u-joints on it? a prybar and a little muscle should be able to do it without disassembling anything~

there is a rubber disc which botls between the tailshaft and the diff, it is a NA 1993 jza80 supra, its not regarding mounts, just the rubber dics holes need to be stretched

hmmmm..good luck....dropping into your boiling hot teacup may make things easier~

cheers mate :)

no good