need injectors cleaned?

95

Asked by Oct 02, 2014 at 08:52 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD

I would like to pour berryman b-12 total fuel system clean up in my tank, is it
ok to use as an additive for preventive maintenance. Is it safe to use in my
suv... Have not had an induction clean up done yet... I have 80,891 miles and
need to have it done... Curious...

92,535

Judging on where you are mileage wise I would suggest you have it professionally cleaned first. Then use your berrymans as a maintenance additive.

33,765

It's Chicken Soup. It couldn't hurt.

95

I would prefer professionally cleaned instead, but can't afford to have the service done right now, so im asking is it ok to take my chance with the soup... Just kidding, wish me luck thank for replying...

33,765

It couldn't hurt :-)

Best Answer
13,555

Why do you feel you need and injector clean-out? Dealer told you so? Is the truck missing with loads applied? Fuel mileage down the tubes? Or is just a lot of miles since the last clean out? Use the additive if your not having any problems, but most top grade fuels has it in their mix, additives that do the same thing. If you're not having any problems, no need to do it yet.

95

The reason for having it done is there is no history of the this service being done, so Gengras Chrovrolet suggested an induction done for maintenance records... So berryman is alternative for having it done, thanks for replying...

13,555

I just bought a used MBZ CLK320 with very low mileage last week. I took it to the dealer for an inspection. He suggested $5,800,00 in repairs/replacement/service. I took it to my independent car repair guy and he replaced what was broken and leaking for $660. I did not need to replace spark plugs or wires, drain the rear end and refill, shocks, struts, or torsion bars and seals or grommets. I got under the car and looked. A rag got the transmission oil off the cross member so a full steam cleaning was not necessary. I had the transmission serviced due to a pan gasket leaking fluid and it was 24,000 miles and 10 years old. That stopped the leak. The engine mounts were shot due to age, so everything that was necessary was done for $660. The dealer wanted over $1000 for the engine mounts alone. So don't take what a dealer want to do as gospel, just be aware of it. When the engine starts to become sluggish or miss under load, then you may consider a full flush. Buy top grade gasoline, and that will keep it clean.

95

Cool thanks for the tip, never mind the suggestions... Just do what i can, thanks...

33,765

Some, not all, Dealership services writers are like pimps. Technicians are like lady's of the evening. All they want.is your money.

13,555

There are way more honest service writers and service technicians than the not so up-front honest ones. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bushel basket. I also dislike paying top money to fix a problem, only to have it re-occur just as you drive away from the garage. Then you find out they replaced parts that worked. So if your a service writer or service tech. and I offended you, sorry if you are the 85% honest ones.