Loud roaring noise coming from the rear of my 95 Toyota previa sc

Doug Nesselrodt

Asked by Jun 23, 2015 at 11:31 PM about the 1995 Toyota Previa 3 Dr LE Supercharged Passenger Van

Luis Alejandro

what is the noise like? it could be a damaged exhaust. My buddy had a roaring/rattling sound combing from the rear of his car, I fixed it with a new muffler, you might want to check for other damages maybe to the catalytic converters or or any piping that could of been corroded so much with rust and time that it self punctured a hole? if its a different noise you might want to get the driveline or differential checked could even be a rod bearing.

Keith Covington

if you're previa is a front wheel drive model only it could be nothing else I would think other than a wheel bearing. So try to pay particular attention to it if the noise increases in speed or intensity as the vehicle increases in speed if that's the case it could be nothing but a rear wheel bearing. if your van is a all wheel drive it could be an axle bearing or differential bearing that's going out causing and gear mesh problems on either acceleration or deceleration. if your noise changes on acceleration or deceleration you have a different side carrier bearing or pinion bearing going bad

I have a Toyota previa 1993 and it also has a humming sound slash loud roaring sound in the back right side of it and it only does it when driving soon as I let my foot off of the gas it stops I even tried gasing it in nutral no noice only when I'm in Drive and accelerating it makes that noice anyone by chance know what it could be?