Where do I put fluid for turbo,and what type of fluid do I buy

Asked by Feb 06, 2013 at 09:41 AM about the 1995 Toyota Previa 3 Dr DX Supercharged Passenger Van

Big difference between Turbo and Supercharger, a turbo charger is driven from the exhaust adding to the air flow, a supercharger is a belt driven positive pressure induction system, as opposed to vacuum created by the piston intake stroke. your question? go to Toyota owners website, they MAY have a pdf download but I'm not so sure if they go back to 1995, if it's an aftermarket bolt on, contact the manufacturer

You need oil for a supercharger and you Previa is supercharged??? Or is it Turbo, more likely turbo as a blown Previa strikes me really funny. And I mean real funny. I can answer any question you want to ask about superchargers but being a bit more specific like make etc. would help, it has to be turbo. OK, it is wow, a four cylinder supercharged can. First is see if you can see a name of it, or if you have to remove any cover on it and were the engine belt goes around the supercharger pulley look around the part that pulley shaft spins inside of which is called the snout and look for a small probably flush to the surface plug. It will more than likely require a hex key to open and be careful not to drop it as they are not that big. Why do you think you need to check the oil?? Are you hearing a sound in the supercharger that sounds like maybe rocks rolling around in a can??? If you don't know what a hex key is, let me know and if you can find the plug, take a picture and I'll probably be able to spot it, but anyhow the oil reservoir is in the snout the pulley end and on the front side, usually always. And should you find it, you DON"T use just regular old oil, man I have seen people think oil is oil and not so, you will need supercharger oil and it's expensive, so that makes me wonder again as this is a 95 why the question now???

2.4 L 2TZ-FZE I4 supercharged,,,,,,,,, OK, as surprised as I am I'm a believer now. and I will check on what supercharger you have, but still would like to know why you have asked this question???? As most all people don't even realize there is oil in the supercharger, lest of check it....LOL I have repaired a lot of them because the don't change that oil and that is what you should do if you are now looking for where to put the oil in...LOL, change the oil and your thinking what??? Yep, might as well, after you find the little plug that WILL be on the snout, and then you will ask me where the drain plug is and I will say, there isn't any, and you will then ask, we'll how the heck do I change the oil if there isn't any drain plug and I'll say, I'm not telling........LOL First find that plug and if you find it and decide that's all you need to know, OK fine, just don't fill the oil with anything other that supercharger oil or you will be running a straight engine without a supercharger or spending about 2k for a new one installed. I'm not kidding and don't fill it more than up to the bottom threads of that plug you will pull out.

Starting in 1994, Toyota solved this problem by offering a Roots-type supercharger with air-to-air intercooler, providing 6psi of boost (these models were called the "S/C"), bringing the engine power up to a competitive 160 hp (120 kW). Initially, the S/C engine was only available as an option on the LE in 1994 and all models in 1995. Alright I'm getting somewhere, found that plug yet???? S/C stands for supercharged and I'll tell you 6 psi is fairly good for this engine I have 14 psi on my Regal and up 18 on my RCR GT40 LS7. So you have the roots type which is a basic of basic supercharger, and have you found the plug yet>>>>???? Keep looking. and tell me if your hearing that rocks in a can sound for sure now that I know it's roots type... yes there's a reason....

Great answer Davey Man.....

ALRIGHT HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, I AM WRONG, BIG TIME, STOP i HAVE FOUND WHAT TOYOTA HAS DONE, NO WONDER I DON'T WORK ON TOYOTAS

You will need a flexible hose to get oil in your supercharger and an extra larger syringe would be nice also. You can get the 4 oz kit with hose and syringe from Toyota. Some have tried Castro Synthetics (5W-50W) at $4.95 for 946 ml or the Ford/GM version of the Supercharger oil for around $8 for 4 oz. If you are agile, you can fill the supercharger with a small syringe without hose. For RWD Previas, the SuperCharger may be best accessed by driving the front wheels up on ramps and accessing the dipstick from below. For AWD Previas, you will need to remove the support bar (2 bolts) and at least one bolt from a plastic skid plat from underneath or remove parts of the air intake to access it from above. Some have reported being able to get to the dipstick from above without removing anything...except for some skin. Supercharger oil: Part No. 08885-80108 or equivalent (j) Recheck the oil level. HINT: The supercharger could be damaged if it is overfilled or the oil level is low OK, I have a complete PDF, let me know what you want to do, or PM me with email address and I'll send it to you, or better yet You can go here: for fellow egg van owners...LOL http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/85-previa-forum/88607-94-previa-supercharger-oil-check.html OR you can go here http://zenseeker.net/Previa/PreviaMaintenance.htm#SuperCharger_Oil ON THIS site you can get that PDF and anything else you need for your rig and this is the definitive answer, period... Please mark MMEEEE as most helpful as I know I am so wonderful and brilliant and thoughtful, yuk... I need points darn it and a thank you would be unexpected.

Please pay attention to that warning I posted above, it's just repeating from that PDF on this supercharge what I'd already told you, but a dipstick to, wow, that's was a learning experience for me, and I knew I knew it all about superchargers, NOT, I wish I had a dipstick, well I guess I do, but it's way rusty, I am a dipstick...LOL

I know. Just being modest

I will not touch that comment with a 10 inch pole, opps the proverb is 10 FOOT pole

oh I forgot, so here you go, just in case you forgot

Yep, you had it right the first time