I think the fan switch for heater/air cond. is bad. Is this an easy do-it-yourself repair. Any info on how to go about it would be helpful:)

20

Asked by Jan 17, 2011 at 08:56 PM about the 1994 Toyota Previa 3 Dr LE Passenger Van

75

what is your problem exactly?

20

The heater gets hot. The fan will not come on on low,medium, or high speed. I'm also not sure how to access the switch to change it out?

5

hey i used to worked on cars for living and saw this app on facebook so i decided hey why not and i saw ur post figure i give u sum advice now its easy when ur veryyy careful, cuz of the dashboard faceplate that goes around the switch is made of plastic and can break easy, but overall its easy takin apart and putting together as long as you know which goes where now switch from bad switch to good switch i strongly recommed to be EXETREMLY careful becuz of the wiring, i had that happened to me once so helpful advice (BE VERY CAREFUL takin apart and switching it) but before i do any of that, i would find a book to see what kind of work involved takin it apart, because certain cars and suv have a different ways like mine just the faceplate around my switch for heat/ ac but for i think a Mazda 6 u have to take the whole dashboard including undoing the steering wheel away from the car, trust me it was a B**** lol just to get to the heating/air switch but i know that was mazda but just to be on the safe side before going into work and getting urself into a mess lol hope this help