Van won't start, it is blowing the 20A fuse (on battery cable labeled as AM2) as soon as the key is turned all the way on but before trying to start. I know there is a short. Any ideas on where to start looking?

5

Asked by Aug 12, 2007 at 10:52 AM about the 1994 Toyota Previa 3 Dr LE Passenger Van

135

Your ignition switch is probably bad. I would replace it first.

35

did you get resolution to your van problem? Have the same problem with my 95 previa was hoping for an answer. John

IF CAR STARTS IN PARK AND BRAKE APPLIED THEN DIES IN GEAR; PULL BRAKE FUSE; IF IT DOES BLOW FUSE ; CHECK THE SPEED CONTROL ;; DISCONNECT IT ;; THEN REPLACE BRAKE FUSE ; CHECK TO SEE IF CAR STILL DOESN'T BLOW FUSE; THEN THE PROBLEM IS IN CRUSE CONTROL; JUST REPLACE . WHEN REMOVING HORN DISCONNECT BATTERY SO AIR BAGS DOES NOT GO OFF