how to replace driver side auto lock mechism

25

Asked by Aug 29, 2007 at 12:50 PM about the 1993 Toyota Previa 3 Dr LE Passenger Van

the passanger door on my 1993 previa does not open via the auto loock system nor manually and with the key.  How do I get into the door to replace the door lock assemble.  Can you help?

14,665

Hi lminsd, Getting into your door panel is simple. Start by removing the door panel with a flat head screwdriver or door panel removal tool. Be careful not to damage the door panel as it's only thick cardboard in most cases. Then completely remove the door panel. This will expose the inner components of the door. Replace the parts as necessary and reinstall the door panel. Good luck!

150

probably just needs lubrication or one of the plastic joints is broken. spray some lubricant oil. let us know the results.