starts then dies

Asked by Apr 04, 2008 at 05:34 PM about the 1992 Toyota Previa 3 Dr Deluxe All-Trac AWD Passenger Van

My toyota Previa intermittently has this problem:  it starts fine, and then dies.  Or sometimes it won't even start.  Most of the time, it runs fine without any problems.

could need replaceing fuel filter.

Agreed, or perhaps a tune-up or fuel pump.

check the air flow system under hood from filter to engine

Some of the computers in 1992 [which is located under the drivers seat] screw up .dissconnect batery cable...and remove computer in up carefully..and check to see if its spotless..if it has corrosion on it ..replace it ..with a used on ..usually cheap at a pick your own part place Auto wrecker ..Ive change a few for customers over the years..1991 to 1994 computers work on yours..good luck