Installing Thule racks on a Previa???

Asked by Aug 09, 2010 at 06:39 PM about the 1991 Toyota Previa 3 Dr LE Passenger Van

I have a 1991 Toyota Previa Van with Moon and Sun roof.  Wanted to install a
Thule rack system(or similar) for surfboards and a one-man canoe. But there is
absolutely no one willing to install these racks, because you might have to mount
them by drilling into the van's roof.  Would anyone out there be familiar with this
situation or have an idea how or where I could get this done?? Thanks a bunch
for any feedback...

Yakima Racks made a "Plus-Nuts" roof-rack mount for the Previa. It is a small black artificial gutter about 4" long that attaches by toggle bolts into the roof. They are hardly noticible when a rack is not attached to them. I have a standard 58" Thule gutter rack on my Previa for canoes and surfboards. Been there for 20 years, rock solid, and I did the install in about 2 hours. Yakima supplies the location dimensions for drilling the holes on the Previa which are critical in order to protect the rear air-conditioning plumbing and electric. 2246274273 Steve

I am in need of a RACK. The surfboards have a soft rack but the line goes threw the front seat. If I ever had a frontal accident I could decapatate myself.

Just saw your reply - was way to excited - Do you have a picture and the model of Thule connector for your bars?