Tight steering wheel in winter

Asked by Dec 13, 2010 at 06:59 PM about the 1991 Toyota Previa 3 Dr Deluxe Passenger Van

At cold day after I start my 91' Previa, the steer wheel is so tight that I could not make a turn. I had to drive back and forth several times while trying to turn the steering wheel, then the steering wheel can move.  Anyone can tell what is the problem and how to fix it? Thanks.

7,505

check your power steering fluid

Thanks for your reply. The fluid is full. Do I need to replace with new? The problem happened last year.

150

it haven't happened to me before but yo may try to bleed the system to get a bubble out. start the engine, turn the wheel to the right all the way, then turn it to the left all the way, repeat this process for a couple of minutes. if fluid looks dirty, replace it.