i have a 95 toyota pick up and the dash lights and the taillights do not not work but all other lights work. i have checked all the fuses and they are all good. what else could be the problem and how

Asked by Jul 18, 2012 at 08:41 PM about the 1995 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr DX 4WD Standard Cab SB

The tail light relay is under the plastic panel near the fuse box on the DRIVERS side. Yes I have had this problem. So in desperation I connected a wire from the battery to the lights, my wife continually ripped the wire out so I ran a hot wire to a switch and on to the running lights, turn the switch on and I have tail lights, then I noticed that with the switch off I could turn them on at the light switch. Possibly fumbling around reconnected something. I have tested every relay, fuse, wire for voltage and continuity and had zero results. Then the switch, who knew?