i have a problem, my truck won't start when it is hot the engine just turning , but when it is cold it start right a way

5

Asked by Aug 24, 2011 at 06:56 PM about the 1995 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr SR5 4WD Extended Cab SB

125

You need a new starter. My '92 truck had the same problem. When the brushes inside of old starters get hot, they expand and start shorting to the magnets inside the case. Once it cools down, the brushes contract and break contact with the magnets and allow it to work. Let me know if this helps.

190

i have 1985 toyota pick up start fine when engine cold, but if take the car to store or some places for 20 to 30 minutes, The truck will not start, feel like the starter hardlly trun. Take batter and startery to Autozone and told me battery and starter looks fine.Any suggestion what is wrong? Starter or something esle?

460

I hav the same problem with my 1989 Toyota pickup its usually only happens during the summer but it starts fine in the morning but if I drive it around for 30min or so and park it, the truck won't start unless I let it sit for a couple of hours and I have had my starter replaced and my battery checked ... Has any one know reason for why this happens

230

i have had the same thing happen over and over I have a 95 Toyota 3.0 starts fine when cold runs fine till you turn it off when you try to start it it spits and sputters pops I can take water and spray it on the right side of the engine and or put gas in the throttle body and it will fire up everytime the only thing I can think of its doing is vaper locking on the fuel rail then when it condense back to a liquid it will crank up with no problems

230

but I can tell you this its not a sensor of any type people will tell you that so you will keep spending money on guess work bc they don't know what is wrong with it it make since it will crank up hot but keeps dying but it will idle if you don't push the gas peddle its acting like its running out of gas bc the injectors needs liquid gas to spray it wont spray vapor let it cool off the gas in the fuel rail will condense back to liquid gas if anyone knows how to fix this let me know

20

its your guy'said distributor, a bad distributor wont get spark when hot

50

i had this issue, started up fine when engine is cold but once warmed up, the engine wont start again if you shut it off. replaced the fuel pump and now it runs like it should.

20

I HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEM, PUTTING SNOW ON THE MAF AND THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR FOR FIVE MINUTES MAKES IT START..... STARTED AT ABOUT 280,000 KM.

10

I have a 1990 toyota pickup v6. When a hot day don't start. I change the battery, the starter and is the same problem. Somebody know about this problem .I need some help

10

CAMSHAFT SENSOR