1994 Toyota pickup will not start after replacing 80amp fuse after hooking up battery cables wrong

10

Asked by Cityman1 Dec 14, 2013 at 07:27 PM about the 1994 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr DX 4WD Extended Cab SB

I hooked up battery cables wrong on my 1994 Toyota pickup blew 80amp main fuse
replaced fuse and hooked up cables correct truck will turn over but not start now

yes, there's a "fuseable" link connected to the negative ground terminal to the inside of the fender (ground)...you have to replace this one~ hmmm. it keeps saying that this is a plug-in goodie...mine is a '93 toyota pickup and had to replace this link...here's what THEY recommend~https://www.google.com/#q=1994+toyota+pickup+fusible+link &tbm=shop

okay....cannot find this online, but the guy at NAPA sold me a replacement for the "fuseable link"...the kit had extra connectors in it~

10

I replaced the 80amp fuse now it will turn over but not start I am thinking it took out something else maybe in the spark system

yes...as I have stated and shown there's a red rectangular box "fuseable link" and a pigtail off the battery...goin' to the inside of the frame ('course yours is all burned away, but you can see evidence of this "fuse link" there if you look there~

okay maybe it's not red, but a fuse-like thing~....and not the MEGA fuse that you replaced~

31,995

unhook the neg bat cable for 12 to 15 minutes reconnect and try! just a dumb thought!