Motor is blown. How much is it worth

Asked by Dec 19, 2014 at 11:33 AM about the 1991 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe Standard Cab SB

430

To repair? Is it just blown head gasket? IF your engine has not got any warped heads or cracked block and your piston rings and lifters are okay then it could be a simple gasket repair at least to probably get a little more life out of the engine. But it's only semi temporary. You gotta do several tests to determine the severity. Cranking compression test for engine compression, wet test to determine if rings are good or bad and go from there. Good luck.

5,285

Scrap value? Long block with core is about $3k and that's DIY