My husband replaced the truck radio and now when you start the truck it won't stay running. We have 1991 Toyoto Pickup, 2 wheel drive

Asked by Oct 07, 2016 at 10:52 PM about the 1991 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

he took out the old radio and put in new speakers in the door.  The new radio has a blue tooth with it and a dvd or cd player with it.  When you start the truck it cuts off and doesn't stay on

4,575

clearly this is a Grounding issue...one might be sure that the battery is newish..fewer then 7 and up to full charge...next, the cables should be free of corrosion....loosen and clean the connections or get brand new cables...the black should connect to the chassis/fender and to the engine block..perhaps this ground does not like a connection~