1991 Toyota pickup

Asked by Feb 28, 2016 at 09:04 AM about the 1991 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr SR5 4WD Extended Cab SB

I have replace all sensors, throttle body, checked all the codes, done a full
service at dealership and even they couldn't figure out what was wrong for
what the tech told me.  And the trunk runs and drives perfectly, but as soon as
I turn it off an the motor is hot it won't start. I have run out of Ideas of what it
could be.   Help???

5,725

NEW battery...and New cables if yours have any corrosion....assure the black cable is solidly connected to the Block/Ground there~ and there is nothing but Clean and brand NEW connections at your NEW battery~

5,725

possible temp sensor sending the wrong signal for HOT~ https://www.google.com/? gws_rd=ssl#q=Temp+sensor+1991+Toyota+truck&btnK=Google+S earch

41,175

When you say it won't start, you mean that there's nothing, no click just nothing? Then if you let it sit a while, it will start up fine like nothing was ever wrong? If this is the case, it may be one of 3 things. Bad distributor, bad ignition module, or bad coil. I have had two Toyota's with the exact same issue. But I decided to just hot wire a push button start under the dash instead of spending the money on a 20 year old vehicle. In both my cases, it wasn't a bad coil, because once I hot wired it, it always started. If you decide to narrow it down, please relay your findings. This is a common issue with the older Toyota's and I have yet to find a definitive answer. I have a buddy that says it happened to his old Toyota and it was one of pickup coils in the distributor that went bad. Please keep us posted on your results. Thanks!