91 Toyota Pickup Speedometer

Asked by Apr 02, 2010 at 09:00 PM about the 1991 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr SR5 4WD Extended Cab SB

When I drive at about 40 or 50 km/h and faster the cluster starts making a vibrating/whining/screaming
noise.  The noise cuts in and out on the highway and eventually goes away.  also my speedo shows the car
running at a ratio of .1 faster than the car is moving but i'm guessing that's a wheel/tire size thing.  At high
speeds the needle is jumpy.  What is happening and how do i fix it?  Thanks!

85

Sounds like a speedo cable man. I've personally never done one but you will have to take the dash partially apart to route the new cable from your transmission to the instrument cluster.