How much could I get for my 1990 Toyota pickup, it needs a new engine. A piston is warped and it's cheaper to just get a new engine. It's 4wd and a 22re 2.4l 4-cylinder.

20

Asked by Nov 03, 2013 at 12:21 PM about the 1990 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe 4WD Standard Cab SB

these are Awesome AMERICAN MADE engines....jeeeesh, how do you know that a piston is "warped" were you in there with a colonscope to see it?...pulled the head off to change the head gasket? you've got to get this one fixed....a correct exact replacement would work....this is an awesome vehicle and have a '95 myself...keeps on runnin'~

I haven't got the 4wd tho....does this have independant front suspension or the ole fashioned TRUCK I-beam style?

we could shop at the pickNpull or use car-part.com to get a line on a replacement motor...at least a rebuildable one that was involved in a rear-end collision and the front end's still cool~

20

I took it to a autoshop an that's what they said was wrong with it.

20

And it's the independent front suspension

this engine has a FAN club...quite certain that a Toyota mechanic would LOVE to do a full rebuild (if there is a BENT crank or messed up piston like you've been told~ would tend to think the MAIN bearings would let go and would sound like a basketball goin' round and round~ needs a rebuild from a shop that will take at least a week for rebuilding this~ replacing everything moving~ not just the piston rings...the whole show...bearings camshaft pistons and connecting rods..everything~....you'll find one....mechanics need work these days~