My dipstick keeps leaking oil

Asked by Jun 11, 2009 at 10:10 PM about the 1992 Toyota Paseo 2 Dr STD Coupe

My paseo leaks oil from the bottom of the dipstick. I took it out and put some jb weld on it but it started leaking again soon after. Does anyone know how to prevent this, and is there suppose to be some kind of o-ring or gasket on the end of the tube? thanks

11,045

Hahaha - I am sorry but GLUEing it into place is not the answer ( Whats wrong with you man :) ) Sounds like more of an ENGINE issue - You may be building up internal engine pressure causing it to blow out the most easily accessable point. Try replacing the PCV valve and see if that helps