Where can I get instructions on changing plugs for my 1992 Toyota Paseo?

Asked by Jan 20, 2007 at 08:22 PM about the 1992 Toyota Paseo 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have the plugs and the gap, but wondered if there were some sort of owner's manual/instructions available for actually changing out the plugs--tips or tools required, etc.?

13,960

Dear heatherzryan-- It sounds like you are new to this. If so, you are starting your mechanical efforts in the right place. This is an easy job to accomplish and then you can tell all your friends that you have experience working on your own car. Soon they will be asking you, not Bovan, for advice. I hope you remain true to me, however and send them to me with their questions, or you might put me out of a job. To get back to your spark plugs, go to the following site. They will walk you thrugh the procedure. http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/04/d0/00/0900823d8004d000.jsp. P.S. Remember to put the wires back on in the same order you took them off. Good luck from Bovan.

Thanks, and I thought these instructions would do the trick. Unfortunately, they entail "finger-tightening" and only require a plug socket. The plugs on a 1992 Toyota Paseo are about 6-8 inches deep in the head, so are not reachable even by a socket wrench, 1 extender, and the plug socket. I'll have to buy another extender, which would have been helpful to know when I went to buy the plug socket. Thanks for the response anyway!