SMT

Asked by Mar 07, 2011 at 02:04 AM about the 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2 Dr STD Convertible

Sometimes the car thinks it is in neutral when I have the shift stick in forward or reverse.  I have to try over and over before it finally goes into gear.  Also, sometimes when I'm driving, the transmission just seems to go into neutral.  Any thoughts?

Would love to hear an answer to your problem. THis is happening to me now. I took it in. They couldnt find anything wrong. I leave the dealership, same thing. Sometimes it just gets stuck in 3rd, then neutral... I have to stop -pull out the key and go again. Then repeat problem.

10

You have to be very careful with the dealerships when taken the MR2 in for trans problems. I have seen many problems occur when they added standard trans fluid. The sequenchial { spelling not exact } trans uses a very expensive fluid and will be ruined by other types. Most dealerships don't even carry it they have to special order it. Be careful.

18,575

Make sure fluid level is correct, sounds like it's slipping. Just to clarify this is an automatic?