Hear many different opinions on should the tires on a mr2 2002 have an alignment. Comments online say no but dealers say yes. What going on? Jerry Clark

5

Asked by May 04, 2015 at 03:29 PM about the 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2 Dr STD Convertible

If the tires are wearing odd, like more wear on one side of tire that the other...or if you have hit something....then yes. But if you have had them rotated at regular intervals and they show no signs of un-even wear, I wouldn't worry about it

I forgot..If you have to hold the steering wheel to keep going straight then yeah, you might need alignment. Let go of wheel and car might drift some, but not a lot

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tread-and-trend/drivers-ed/tire-alignment

5

to confuse the issue front and back tires are different size. Cannot rotate. Ive read from many car enthusiasts that on the mr2 spyder you should not even rotate front tires between the two of them and same advice on back. I have am getting new tires because of dry rot and have not had any uneven wear on any of them. It appears tires should be left as installed but want to make sure since I am getting new ones. Jerry

5

To try and clarify I am asking should you have an initial alignment at the time of putting on new tires. Many say no and some say yes. thanks Jerry

Toyota recommends NEVER change direction of tire.

What I am thinking is if in doubt, do it, especially if it has been a long time